Our Sites:  RFQwork  :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Our YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shapeways

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsimonton View Post
    Shapeways is a good place to explore the various materials. Their prices are at market for smaller pieces. With larger pieces in SS/Bronze iMaterialize can be significantly less expensive - 20 - 40%. Commercial vendors may advertise lower prices per cc but getting them to do your part(s) based on my experience may not be fruitful.

See: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ClimaxShop

i haven't really explored any other materials other then Silver in shapeways. i have looked at iMaterialize's prices and like the fact that they offer HD Stainless Steel but since i only work with silver, Shapeways has the better prices and no customs charges since they are within the us. i wish iMaterialize offerd their HD Stainless Steel at steel prices, unfortunately their HD Stainless Steel prices are closer to what i pay for silver. I've never really looked into bronze tho, at 40% price, definitely worth looking into. Thanks.

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use shapeways for small model railroad details. Here are the latest items I have designed and had printed in their FUD material. More pictures, and details can be seen here: http://nvrr49.blogspot.com/2014/04/l...-ho-scale.html
    Kent in KC
    nvrr49.blogspot.com

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had Shapeways print out some custom badges I made for my Toyota Tundra. They came out amazing. Due to the size of them they kindly asked for an extra day or so in shipping which I'm fine with....no worries I told them. So, 3 badges each about 1" x 12" x .5" thick in their standard black satin plastic was about $65 shipped. I couldn't have asked for anything better because these are CUSTOM badges and 3 of the OEM ones on ebay were over $100. 3D Printing FTW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information