Our Sites:  RFQwork  :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Our YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodworking router with BulldogXL Extruder [Build]

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today i have been planning how to build my heated bed. The bed will be quite large, 70x110 and be made out of the followining in order top to bottom:
    Tempered Glass, CopperPlate, nicrome wire, insulation, reflector (tin foil) and mashined mdf.

Im not yet sure about how to mount the bed since i will not have a true surface to place it on but maybe the tempered glass will keep it true... We will see...

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bx3mE View Post
    Today i have been planning how to build my heated bed. The bed will be quite large, 70x110 and be made out of the followining in order top to bottom:
    Tempered Glass, CopperPlate, nicrome wire, insulation, reflector (tin foil) and mashined mdf.

Im not yet sure about how to mount the bed since i will not have a true surface to place it on but maybe the tempered glass will keep it true... We will see...
    To begin with i will begin using a small heated bed from RepRapDiscount - experimenting with a large heated bed will be done as soon as the entire mashine is up and running and working properly.

To control the small bed i will use a seven switch described here: SevenSwitch 1.2 - RepRapWiki

This will be built tonight ( I hope - lol)

Until now all Electronics ordered have arrived except a cross laser which has no importance at all. Mechanics are out on the ocean all lonely in a dark container missing my loving attension and waiting to union end of februari.

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Red Cross Laser has arrived and is really strong. No real quality feel on the focus but hey it was cheep.... The only thing about the laser is that it is to strong... just looking at the cross when pointing on wood is not a nice feeling for your eyes. Does someone know a good trick to dim it a bit? Can you put a resistor on the 5v power source to dim it a bit? This calls for some experimenting tonight (With safety goggles...).

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its been a bad couple of days. Trouble stressing me at work, choked with stuff to do at home, computer harddrive crash, hurt my back, car trouble with insurance company - Just a bad couple of days.

GOOD NEWS: Mechanical parts for my build have entered my timezone and will be on my doorstep in less than 10 days

I extracted a laser diode from a 16x DVD-RW and built a driver for it and it burns! This will be used for cutting Stencils and for a surprise 3dprint related project.

The heated bed will be tested during next week and the hot end will be fired ut first try during the weekend

Im already feeling a mood change..... :P

Im also fireing up my website, a project which has been on hold for soon a decade.

Cheers!

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nother big step: I will tonight try to hook up the extruder stepper to the Ethernet Smoothstepper. If anyone has done this please tell! I am worried about ground loops so my plans include implementing some optokupling between the two but the need for a mosfet makes this complicated... atleast for me...

More soon :P

Casual Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My work got the better of me and the build has been standing still for a while. Now im back on my feet and things will start to happen again. There is a roadblock ahead with mechanics. Some parts did not fit as expected and some parts have been damaged in transport. New parts are on the way...

In the mean time i have gotten the opportunity to play on a lathe. And look what came out!

hotend.do.jpg

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice build. I have added a quick mountable 3d print head to my 24x48 router so I can join in on the fun. I am using Mach3 with the parallel port configure. Slic3r to create my GCode. Slic3r outputs M104 M109 M140 and M190 for hot bed and extruder temp control. I have started work on a custom Mach3 screen with custom M codes to take advantage of programmable temp control. I purchased Solo temp controllers from Automation Direct and have integrated them with Mach3 via Modbus. So far I can manually set temps from Mach3, can set temps using M104 and M140. Next up is implementing M109 and M190 that makes the program wait until temp is reached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We converted 3D printer into cutting and engraving machine
    http://endurancelasers.com/laser-engravers-and-cutters/wanhao/

we call it WanHao combo: 3D printer + laser cutter + laser engraver!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information