Our Sites:  RFQwork  :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Our YouTube

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratasys eeprom programmer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see...I was a little confused about that, because it seems like the way to go as it can't be changed easily...Then again, by putting the SN in the memory section, I guess they could keep their encoding the same and make it easier for the computer to read in one sitting.

Also, I was looking at the stratasys-ng stuff on github, and your (Mjolinor's) files, and I was wondering if there is any way to use the above HEX numbers only, and convert them with the key to read all the data. All I want to do at the moment is display the data.

The printer said I had 9% filament left in the spool, and I want to decrypt the HEX and display the info, so I can compare and see if it is accurate.

Do you have any tips or advice on how to compile/change some of the python/C scripts so they can "choose input file" and "output decrypted data to text file" or something like that?

Any ideas would be helpful, otherwise I'll take a crack at it when I get back. If the python/C scripts is all you need for converting, I should be able to do it on Ubuntu without Raspberry Pi, because I am not sending data or receiving data, just crunch converting a file, right?

Thx so much for all the help!

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The encryption is triple DES (IIRC). If you want to see the information in your hex then you have to decrypt it. None of the data is readable in the form that is read from the EPROM.

The methods that you outlined above are correct. As far as I am aware people that are using an Arduino or Bus Pirate will read and write only then use the PC and Python to decrypt and encrypt.

If you have a Pi then stick with it, it is by far the easiest way because it can natively do the encryption and decryption.

I am sure the world would be happy if you implemented the triple DES on the Arduino, as far as I know no one has but I may be wrong, I have never really looked into doing it.

Ubuntu on anything will do all of it. You will need to make a 1wire interface in order to be able to read and write the EPROM, probably using a parallel port if you have one but there are also serial ones out there. If you are happy to read with the Arduino then transfer the file to an Ubuntu PC then that is also an option. This again is pretty trivial stuff but you do need to read about what needs to happen and how it works in order to do it right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mjolinor,

Well, I found that the Arduino Leonardo seems to have DES, then there is the Arduino Yun which has onboard linux like the Raspberry Pi, for those of us that only understand the arduino language. *O_o

Anyway, good news! I was able to get the stratasys python scripts working from github, and the end result you can see below. I was able to read my current EEPROM, convert the data using the python codes in Ubuntu, print out the data in terminal, run a quick test to see if the remaining qty matches, and everything checks out!

I also ran the @Make your own chip@ command, and that worked fine with no hiccups, but I haven't actually written anything back to the DS2433 chip yet. That will be tomorrow, if I can manage time between classes and my part-time job. I don't want to work tomorrow!!! haha.

Anyway, here is a screenshot with the code working. In the future, I plan on making a video tutorial for running the code manually like this. Took me forever, and I can't believe how simple it was...all the hard work in decoding was done for me, so I don't feel like I've accomplished anything yet.

Here's the pics:

EEPROM_Screen.jpg

EDIT: I can't seem to edit the attached thumbnails and delete...

_16508.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by breadvsrice; 11-06-2014 at 10:26 AM. Reason: delete images

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not make a video tutorial, If you do then Stratasys will get involved. As it is they have left this site alone but the more this thread gets attention and posts the more chance there is that they will notice it and I have known them force forums to close down by sending in the legal parasites with threats.

As long as it is not too straightforward and not likely to interest the majority of Stratasys owners they will probably leave it alone, they cannot stop the information being out there and the bits that are added up and down the net do not make it too easy for people to do and they are widely spread but the minute it starts being a simple thing they will intervene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point...Hmmm...Good point.

Well, so far I've managed to learn alot about how memory modules work, how data is stored, what encryption is, how microcontrollers can communicate with different devices, among a host of other things.

So from a purely educational standpoint, I'd say I learned to be a better engineer in the future. I guess I won't be doing any videos then. This forum is amazing with the community help.

Anyway, once I get some write-back with the Arduino, and see if I can't automate anything, I'll post back. Thanks for all the help!

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think this thread should now be locked. It contains all the information that is needed and it gives anyone that wants to do it enough information to get started and go Googling.

More people seem to PM me with problems than actually post in the forum and for sure that is a better way provided I am not too busy.

For completeness I will add. I do not make these to sell and even if I did then I do not think I could do it for long without unwanted attention. People have tried to sell the information on ebay and sell programmed EPROMs but the auctions very quickly disappear, as they should do. You are dealing here with confidentially privately owned data that is covered under patent and IPR in general. The minute someone starts doing it for money will be the minute that it becomes no longer possible.

Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering, does anybody have pictures of prints they did after the hack, and if so could you post them?

Also, if you could write what material you used?

Also, because different materials have different melting points, does anyone know if the print head temp settings or ambient temperature settings can be changed?

Or did you only print with the same settings, diff. Material?

Thx for the help!

Hyperaddict
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the settings for head and bed can be changed

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mjolinor has gotten me past one error. Now stuck at the highlighted errors.

Attempted to follow along and make this work. Copied the zip file, moved it to the PI. Ran build.sh. Had to use the hint to create the readeedat excitable. Still getting an error.

./doeprom.sh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Stratasys Cryptography Service
    EEPROM UID: 55000001533B5423
    Machine number: 5394D7657CED641D
    [+] Reading ./eeprom ... 104 bytes
    [i] Validating key CRC ... valid.
    [i] Building key ... done.
    [i] Decrypting content ... done.
    [i] Decrypting current material qty ... done.
    [i] Validating current material qty crypted CRC ... valid.
    [i] Validating plain text CRC ... valid.
    [i] Validating current material quantity crc ... valid.
    [+] Writing eeprom2.bin...104 bytes
    cat: ./cart_ID: No such file or directory
    cat: ./material: No such file or directory

usage: create_binary.py [-h] [-t MATERIAL_TYPE] [-l MANUFACTURING_LOT]
    [-d MANUFACTURING_DATE] [-u USE_DATE]
    [-i INITIAL_MATERIAL] [-c CURRENT_MATERIAL] [-k KEY]
    [-s CANISTER_SERIAL_NUMBER] [-o OUTPUT_PATH]
    create_binary.py: error: argument -s/--canister-serial-number: expected one argument
    Stratasys Cryptography Service
    EEPROM UID: 55000001533B5423
    Machine number: 5394D7657CED641D
    [+] Reading newunenc.bin...Error: newunenc.bin: No such file or directory
    mkdir: cannot create directory `./savedEE/23-000001533b54/': File exists
    cp ./newee.bin /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/23-000001533b54/eeprom

Any help would be great.
    Last edited by smoanghen; 12-19-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Newcomer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a few people ask for my STL's for the chip dock from my previous video. I updated the unit quite a while back and have no idea where the STL's for it are. Here is a video for my current unit. If anyone wants any STL's let me know.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information