Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Additional categories

Folks, may I suggest that you add a couple of categories at the top level:

1. In the Commercial Mahinces section, you seem to be missing "FDM" technologies

2. There's a significant, and rapidly growing, segment between the DIY machines and the Commercial machines. It's best expemplified by the likes of Afinia/Up3D/Cubex on the low end and Makerbot2x and our own 3DMonstrs on the high end. None of these machines fit the DIY classification, as the end-user experience is completely different from the RepRaps and the Mendels. Not better or worse, just different. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Open/DIY community (significant potion of our machines will be open) - I feel that I personally owe a debt of gratitude to that community. Just saying that the experience is different, and so the customers are different. We call it the Prosumer market segment, but pretty much any other name will do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK I added those forum..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could there be a 3D Scanning section with types and editing programs etc.?

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I will add that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good afternoon 3DPFadmin,

How about a section for STL/CAD files where we could list files to share for free or for sale?

I have some STL files from parts I created for sale that others may be interested in printing.

Have a terrific weekend!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy
    3D ACCURACY Blog / Website | Direct Digital Manufacturing / Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree on adding an STL/CAD section under 3D Modeling. It would be nice to share designs. : )
    -EfFre3k

Downloads
    Uploads
    New threads/categories suggestions:

1) Troubleshooting/Problems/Debugging - Hardware (3D prints/ part problems with DIY rep-raps .etc)
    2) Troubleshooting/Problems/Debugging - Software (obviously software related problems, I know I run into those every day))
    3) Using 3D printer as CNC router/machine {to engrave stuff, small wood carving jobs etc.}

PS to admins: I wrote in a hurry and misspelled my username is there anyway I can fix that?? Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there should be a section for deltabots on this forum as they pose some completely different issues.

Downloads
    Uploads

Image Archive & Sharing STL's

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Accuracy View Post
    Good afternoon 3DPFadmin, How about a section for STL/CAD files where
    we could list files to share for free or for sale? I have some STL files from parts I created for sale that
    others may be interested in printing.

Have a terrific weekend!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy / 3D Printing[/url]
    I want to point out that not everyone has an editor capable of increasing the scale of a given .stl.
    Bringing the image file in and editing to desired size may not be possible as that requires authoring
    in native and exported as the proper stl. This export will require changing polygon count to offset
    faciting through use of a NURBs Mesh utility.

To successfully list, exchange, resize (scale), drawings will require this at a minimum.

We are focused on rapid prototyping aka replicating for advanced radio control scale modeling. It
    requires a rather finite list of utilities to compensate for the short comings between CAD Branding.

Ed
    Last edited by B-47Pilot; 07-26-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Thread Information