Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Support Material

Hi I recently was given a uPrint SE Plus and I am trying to work out if it's worth any effort using it.

I have found and read through a bit and have all the software tools to use non proprietary filament by resting the chip via the Diag Port... all that seems easy enough.

I also have MaracaEX and Insight 11 and seems easier... I can control the system better than with the Catalyst software.

It looks like I to have to use support material for every print (or am I missing something in the slicer software?), what could I use that is not the normal SR-30 Support used by these machines? or at least something I don't need special equipment/chemicals to remove the support.

I tried to use the Water Soluble Filament I use on my IDEX machines but it is to soft to work in a heated chamber.

Is there a soluble or break away filament that I could use that is more heat tolerant and will feed through the standard uPrint extruder?

What are people using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this tool to have the easiest gui GitHub - mayrthom/CartridgeWriter_uPrint: A program to reset the cartridges of the 3D Printers Stratasys uPrint, uPrint+, uPrintSE, uPrint SE+ and HP Designjet 3D.

Also I haven't experimented with the support materials but the expensive OEM filaments from stratasys break away very easily. In fact we have the washer but never really need it. I'd be interested to hear experiences from others too.

FYI stratasys moved to GrabCAD Print which works really well and is free. GrabCAD Print | 3D Printing Software Made Easy & Simple

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EricAA View Post
    I found this tool to have the easiest gui GitHub - mayrthom/CartridgeWriter_uPrint: A program to reset the cartridges of the 3D Printers Stratasys uPrint, uPrint+, uPrintSE, uPrint SE+ and HP Designjet 3D.

Also I haven't experimented with the support materials but the expensive OEM filaments from stratasys break away very easily. In fact we have the washer but never really need it. I'd be interested to hear experiences from others too.

FYI stratasys moved to GrabCAD Print which works really well and is free. GrabCAD Print | 3D Printing Software Made Easy & Simple
    Yeah I have that program thanks. To be honest these machines are just not worth the effort really. I was just interested because it was free... but it was free because newer cheaper printers have replaced it and even using no oem filament it still just an oversized, slow and limited machine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same. Except my hard drive crashed. Do you have an image of yours to share?

Thanks

Thread Information