Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

stratasys dimension bst 768 error 14.7

Hi everyone, one of my bst 768 is giving me 14.7 error which is Unexpected contact with Y axis BOT sensor. it boots fine and find home perfectly even the y axis sensor. then when I send a print, during build plate calibration with plunger it collide with Y axis bot, you can hear the head hitthe frame at the same time it gives error. I had that before with another bst and cleaning sensor adding small piece of aluminum foil did the trick. this time no go, anyone encountered and fixed that error? thank you in advance. do I just need to re-install calibration table disk?
    Last edited by Cruzebabuze; 02-16-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzebabuze View Post
    Hi everyone, one of my bst 768 is giving me 14.7 error which is Unexpected contact with Y axis BOT sensor. it boots fine and find home perfectly even the y axis sensor. then when I send a print, during build plate calibration with plunger it collide with Y axis bot, you can hear the head hitthe frame at the same time it gives error. I had that before with another bst and cleaning sensor adding small piece of aluminum foil did the trick. this time no go, anyone encountered and fixed that error? thank you in advance. do I just need to re-install calibration table disk?
    ok it was making some noise while calibrating so I took covers out and start checking belts and saw right away that the smallest belt in the back left corner, the one that make it go forward and back in the y axis was like stripped bad, it has to be that. does anyone knows where to guy one beside stratasys? thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok got on the net and find one for $6 on amazon $15 total with fast shipping. Not too bad, if I had bought it from stratasys would probably cost me 10 times more as usual. So it should be all good as soon as I get new belt, I think belt was so stripped that it could not stop properly the head at the end of y calibration

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to buy a genuine belt from Stratasys, 50, made by Gates. Gates charged 5 for it but they had none.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know they don't make them anymore, but I found an online store that had a few left from Gates, it is actually the real one. that should fix it.

Thread Information