Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Steps necesary to refill hp desingject 3d color

Thanks for spending some time into reading this, please be patience with my rough english I'm still learning.

I have tried severals methods without any luck
    Frist of all I open the cartridge writter v2 GitHub - 256FF/CartridgeWriter_V2: Most recent update of the compiled CartridgeWriter written by slaytonrnd
    Then select my arduino and the printer (Uprintse, I don't know if this matters being a hp printer)
    But when I click on read a .bin file is generated and the program crashes.

I'm a noob with all these stuff so maybe I'm lacking some obvious steps or files or whatever.

Thanks for your help, have a nice day

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working in a modification of a common UPrint refill software to use directly (only one .exe file) through Diag Port with HP machines.

I could refill 4 material chips with less than 10% to 100% and change one model chip to support chip to have more than one I had. I don't know if it Works with all HP chips. My machine is a HP DesignJet Color 3D but you'll can try and tell if it works.

I soldered the plugs using NULL MODEM wirings conecting the machine through DIAG port to an old computer with serial port. I tryed a buyed Serial to USB Null Modem cable with FTDI but It didn't work.

Here It is. Try it and tell me if it Works well.

HP Refill.zip

moded refill software.PNG

Null modem pinout;

D9_Null_Modem_Wiring.jpg
    Last edited by cemelese; 11-10-2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Uploading File and Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to use an script in your HDD as UPrint procedure to delete the .dat in every machine boot and being in material menú to refill it.

1.- Run program
    2.- Select Device and Bay
    3.- Read
    4.- Select Machine and Decrypt
    5.- Generate to change SN
    6.- Change Material if you like.
    7.- Write
    7.- Extract the box from bay
    8.- Put the box in bay to see if it works

edit- I will open a new post with entirely procedure step by step of how to refill and how to add layer heights to Uprint and HP machines but I need time to write it…
    Last edited by cemelese; 11-10-2019 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Adding info

Downloads
    Uploads
    After reading you my main question is: There's any way to refill the cartridges without having to modify the printer software.
    Maybe I miss understood, but was thinking that it was enough with changing the cartridge SN to a new one and setting the amount to full again. I thought that CartridgePrinter_v2 was enough to complete this task. As you can see I don't have anything clear, like a fish out of the water.

This is the part that I don't kwon hoy to acomplish to try your programm
    You need to use an script in your HDD as UPrint procedure to delete the .dat in every machine boot

Thanks so much for your help
    Have a nice day

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarol11 View Post
    After reading you my main question is: There's any way to refill the cartridges without having to modify the printer software.
    Maybe I miss understood, but was thinking that it was enough with changing the cartridge SN to a new one and setting the amount to full again. I thought that CartridgePrinter_v2 was enough to complete this task. As you can see I don't have anything clear, like a fish out of the water.

This is the part that I don't kwon hoy to acomplish to try your programm
    You need to use an script in your HDD as UPrint procedure to delete the .dat in every machine boot

Thanks so much for your help
    Have a nice day

I have my machine modified and it Works. My machine is modified before refilling works, then I can't try it without reverting my modifications. You can try without modification to see if it Works and the problem is solved. We will know if the refilling have to be done with or without modifications.

The program modifies the SN and the Quantity of material. There are two cases then:

-The machine saves in .dat file the SN of every chip you use in it.

-The machine saves in .dat file the SN and the UID of every chip you use in it.

If it doesn't work for you we are in the second case and you have to add the boot script to erase the .dat file on every boot. If it Works we are in first case and you can use it without mods.

If you need help I'll be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Thread Information