Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Printer clogged in a weird manner

Ok everyone, I have a small problem, when I test my printer in maintenance it works perfectly, but as soon as I try to print the material gets clogged after the layer on the base. It then print the support on that first material layer but then it never prints the material anymore and when I go back to maintenance I have to manually push it for a sec to unclogged it. I had something similar when I got it because the z height was setup for a foam printer base instead of the hard one. I just changed the z height and it worked fine. It crashed last week and started to do that. I have tried to change z height but it has not worked yet. I am going to do the calibration test this morning. Does anyone has the calibration set up disk for a bst 768 ? Thank you in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When you purge the material in maintenance mode it just goes full speed and it usually overcomes any clog you have. It will extrude slower when you are printing due to curves and rastering. Most likely you have a clogged head. What I have done in some cases is get a 1/50th allen key and put the head in maintenance mode. remove the motor so you have direct access to the inlet of the tip/heater. Shove that allen key into the inlet and push out what you can. then take a strand of material and push it through the hot tip. repeat this a few times and it could clear up the clog.

Downloads
    Uploads
    also if you need the original cals for your system I can see if I have them. just give me your serial number

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had some nasty clogs in the past, and I just got one that looked to be pretty bad, and I used the_sharpp's method but with a 1/16" Allen key. It worked absolutely awesome. It saved me so much time from what I have done in the past, which was to slowly dissolve the plastic out of the head with an acetone ultrasonic bath and pick the goo out in stages. It took days, and this took minutes!

Thread Information