Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dimension SST 1200es Boot Problem - Only Display and fans turn on

Hi all,

My Dimension SST 1200es printer just stopped working and doesn't boot anymore. I hope that anyone can help me to narrow down what is causing the problem.

The problems started when I wanted to change the model material. After navigating through the menu and pressing the unload model material button it stopped responding and the printer didn't unload the material.
    So I tried restarting the machine by turning it off and back on manually by disconnecting the power cable. The first time it booted I think two dots appeared on the display but it didn't boot even after waiting for hours.
    So I restarted the machine again, this time only one dot appeared on the LCD display but it didn't boot.
    After a few unsuccessful attempts to restart the machine by disconnecting the power manually it now doesn't show any information on the display at all.
    When I turn it on, the fans start spinning, the background illumination of the LCD turns on but there's no information on the display at all. I can hear a little beep sound from the motherboard a few seconds after I turn the machine on. The machine doesn't warm up and it doesn't try to find home.

I assume that the problem must related to a defect of the embedded computer because it doesn't boot anymore, maybe a defective hard drive. I haven't opened the printer yet so I'm not sure. Do you guys have any recommendations on how to narrow down what the problem might be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

IMG_8958.jpg[

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Michael,
    1, You must check the linux on hardrive. ON my SST768 and BST768: I made a monitor cable and keyboard pinout to control the linux.
    2, Maybe the linux doesn'T start. Wait 1-3 hours. Linux check the file system. Maybe only run the file system check.
    3, You can monitor the Stratasys controller with serial cable and hyperterminal.

BUt first time. WAIT 1-3 HOURS after powered on!!!!!

Thread Information