Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx a lot...

Downloads
    Uploads
    for anyone trying to use other materials in the elite head, be careful! it will jam.
    the issue is not with setting the Extrusion temp, it is the Software Extrusion temp Limit for the first layer!!! regardless of what you Change in maraca the first layer will all ways heat up to 280degC.
    i.e if you have a support bead that is large and takes some time to lay down (first lay temp is 280DegC as well) then the build material is cooking away at 280 for the whole duration it takes to complete that layer. This releases oils from the filament and starts to burn within the nozzle and then it jams.
    I am currently trying to find the line of code that tells the machine to print the first layer at 280 so I can lower it thus allowing for safe use of other filament types i.e. HDglass……
    These print heads are over 5keuros excluding tax! So don’t mess about. I took me 2 weeks to clean the elite head free. Consequently I now have custom tooling and know how to do it but its not advisable.
    unless you edit the “firstlayertemp” limit. Don’t use ebay materials use the abs xtream from isquared, the only place I have found that make OEM compatible filament near half price of the OEM!
    Does anyone know the program needed to decrypt the tcl files?
    Cheers Fed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fredinashead View Post
    for anyone trying to use other materials in the elite head, be careful! it will jam.
    the issue is not with setting the Extrusion temp, it is the Software Extrusion temp Limit for the first layer!!! regardless of what you Change in maraca the first layer will all ways heat up to 280degC.
    i.e if you have a support bead that is large and takes some time to lay down (first lay temp is 280DegC as well) then the build material is cooking away at 280 for the whole duration it takes to complete that layer. This releases oils from the filament and starts to burn within the nozzle and then it jams.
    I am currently trying to find the line of code that tells the machine to print the first layer at 280 so I can lower it thus allowing for safe use of other filament types i.e. HDglass……
    These print heads are over 5keuros excluding tax! So don’t mess about. I took me 2 weeks to clean the elite head free. Consequently I now have custom tooling and know how to do it but its not advisable.
    unless you edit the “firstlayertemp” limit. Don’t use ebay materials use the abs xtream from isquared, the only place I have found that make OEM compatible filament near half price of the OEM!
    Does anyone know the program needed to decrypt the tcl files?
    Cheers Fed
    This is because the config files in Catalyst/Insight are ignored. Only the material definitions are used in the CMB file. These files are also located on the machine side and are the passed to the compiler when a job is sent. The only way to resolve this is to enable ssh on the machine and modify the /mariner/config files. Also, the machine.cfg specifies why machine type you are using.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tomg View Post
    This is because the config files in Catalyst/Insight are ignored. Only the material definitions are used in the CMB file. These files are also located on the machine side and are the passed to the compiler when a job is sent. The only way to resolve this is to enable ssh on the machine and modify the /mariner/config files. Also, the machine.cfg specifies why machine type you are using.
    Anybody has solved this?
    Any useful info to change the head temps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information