Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckonacircle View Post
    Hi,

I bought a stratasys from a tech school for $150. Got the software from stratasys and it ran like a top. I reload the spools and flashed chips. It ran for 2 years. Now I have a clogged nozzle. I can get it extruding by clearing the mushroomed material going into the melt tube and brushing the toothed wheel. Then I insert an acupuncture needle into the bottom of the nozzle. It will go but then it either stops suddenly or when it switches to support material. Btw, it's only the model material nozzle that is doing this.

Does any have any ideas of things to try?

What type of material are you running through it?? I've had some trouble with material that is not stratasys. My advice is to try the stock material first, then you'll know if it's a material issue or mechanical issue. You might want to use fresh material too - because the material can absorb moisture over the years and change properties. A fresh sealed current cartridge would be great to run through to confirm it all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am running ESun's white abs. I used it before to print parts to a mpcnc and had good results. I thought about getting stock filament. Unfortunately at the normal price I could just buy an ender 3. I might try a different filament or lowering my extrusion temp settings with maraca.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to flip the cartridges and trick the machine. The support material extruded fine so why not run that through my material nozzle? Results? The model nozzle purged and the support clogged! It's the filament. There's nothing wrong with my machine. Thank you Society! Now, do you have a go to abs filament?

Again, I thank you for the suggestion!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information