Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Printer Head for 768 SSt

I'm trying to find a head for a 768 SST. Mine got damaged.
    Do you have any ide where I can buy one.

Thank you
    Antonio Domit

Quote Originally Posted by breadvsrice View Post
    Hi, our school has a Dimension SST 768 printer that has been collecting dust since 2010 because nobody had the time to fix a problem it was having with extrusion.

Turns out the head wasn't extruding the filaments properly (maybe because they are all dated for 2007, haha), so they ended up having a secondary company re-design the liquifier pipe because there was a hole in it or something. Anyway, the support filament wouldn't come out, and it was just a mess, so it ended up sitting around for 4 years.

I got permission to try and mess with it and fix it, and have tried a lot of things. I replaced the liquifier pipes, brazed them onto the nozzle head, put everything back with the high-heat adhesive, but just can't get it to work. The filament will extrude for a while, but when I pause and try to start again, it gets soft at the pipe entrance and breaks off or the rollers spin without pushing the filament in anymore.

I tried about 5 or 6 times to re-align the pipes and do everything correctly, but nothing works out. So, I decided to redesign the head and machine it out at the school.

There are some concepts I have so far, designed in Autodesk Inventor. I separated the nozzles alot, but am hoping that with the XY calibration settings, I should be able to use these dimensions...here's to hoping.

Attachment 996
    Attachment 997
    Attachment 998

Anyway, I am hoping that by separating the model and Support filaments like this, they will be able to maintain the different temperatures they need easier. I also wanted to use the Makerbot Nozzles, because they are so cheap, and make the pipe with one bend instead of the slanted version stratasys had, which I think causes too much stress while trying to push the filament through.

What I am trying to figure out now, is a way to hold the pipe around the bend area, without using adhesives, or having the heated sections heat it up. (want to keep the pipe as cool as possible as long as possible.)

Will keep this forum updated as I go along.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are rarer than rocking horse droppings because Stratasys take them back and presumably destroy them. Your best solution is probably to fix what you have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently have access to 2 brand new 768 Print heads (SST). I would post some pictures but there is not much to look at since they are double boxed. If anyone had a reasonable offer i may be willing to part with one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am fixing a 768 sst. I would be interested in a new head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you are still interested at head/liquifier like this foto1ok.jpg for Dimension Elite please contact me in PM

Downloads
    Uploads
    is that working ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviusly yes, is the same Stratasys design, but the head in 2 part with inside the tubes/nozzles that you can easly replace when clogged or damaged. bye

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gzan59 View Post
    Obviusly yes, is the same Stratasys design, but the head in 2 part with inside the tubes/nozzles that you can easly replace when clogged or damaged. bye
    interested !! base on the picture , where do you load the material in ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry probably i don't explain clear, our head is a replacement at the original head, when the original stratasys head is clogged in the liquifier tubesDSC_0051.jpgDSC_0059.jpg you can try to clean the tubes (very difficult to do ) or replace with our head/liquifierDSC_0051.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Need replacement head/liquifier dimension SST

Quote Originally Posted by gzan59 View Post
    Sorry probably i don't explain clear, our head is a replacement at the original head, when the original stratasys head is clogged in the liquifier tubesDSC_0051.jpgDSC_0059.jpg you can try to clean the tubes (very difficult to do ) or replace with our head/liquifierDSC_0051.jpg
    I completely disassembled my head including the liquefier tubes that go into the nozzles. I still have clogged nozzles or stripped feed Motor wheels. I know this machine inside and out but I'm at my wits end. So at this point either i re-design and fab my own head or a buy one. If you have a drop in replacement im very interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information