Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Local Motors to Debut 3D Printed Car in September

Local Motors recently announced that it has agreed to produce a 3D printed vehicle for the Association For Manufacturing Technology (AMT), which will debut at the International Manufacturing Show (IMS) this coming September.Local Motors, whose business model has focused on the development of small-run, customer driven, crowd-sourced automotive design, is quickly becoming a force in the world of additive manufacturing. In collaboration with the Manufacturing Demonstration Facility (MDF) at Oak ...

More...

Downloads
    Uploads

Local Motors to Debut 3D Printed Car in September

I Live a few miles away from LocalMotors and have been there several times. Great shop and they reall do use their Makerbots for production pieces. .

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok I have to see this 3d printed car. just the thought of being able to print the majority of the pieces then assemble the is pretty groovy . Its mind blowing to say the least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where I find this will be interesting is when the printers allow for larger prints and bigger selection of materials when your car needs to go into the body shop or needs a part you go to the local auto parts store and have them print one off. This would change the way companies function. Huge warehouses would be either obsolete or transformed into large print farms. Just is what I see for the feature.

Thread Information