Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo installation problems

Hi, First post to the forum.

I have a Creality Ender 5 Pro and have decided to upgrade the motherboard to the Bigtreetech SKR 1.4 turbo (Page Not Found) I've been following the teachingtech tutorial on youtube and have managed to get the firmware compiled and transferred to SD card.

Unfortunately, when I turn the printer on after connecting all the cables I get a loud constant beep from the LCD, the screen is illuminated but it's blank. I've checked the wires are in the right places and that nothing is loose or touching metal. Here is a video showing what happens

When I plug the original board in everything works as it should but it just doesn't seem to like this board. If I remove the LCD ribbon, the sound stops but obviously this isn't a fix. Please can someone tell me where I'm going wrong or even point me to a forum where I might be able to get this information as I'm losing my mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliet_Sierra View Post
    Hi, First post to the forum.

I have a Creality Ender 5 Pro and have decided to upgrade the motherboard to the Bigtreetech SKR 1.4 turbo (Page Not Found) I've been following the teachingtech tutorial on youtube and have managed to get the firmware compiled and transferred to SD card.

Unfortunately, when I turn the printer on after connecting all the cables I get a loud constant beep from the LCD, the screen is illuminated but it's blank. I've checked the wires are in the right places and that nothing is loose or touching metal. Here is a video showing what happens

When I plug the original board in everything works as it should but it just doesn't seem to like this board. If I remove the LCD ribbon, the sound stops but obviously this isn't a fix. Please can someone tell me where I'm going wrong or even point me to a forum where I might be able to get this information as I'm losing my mind.
    When I upgraded my board, I had the same issue ( the loud beep ). I found out that I had put the ribbon cable in the wrong spot... When i removed it and put it on #3 everything was fine....

I am not sure if that helps, but that fixed my issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure but I think if all the cables are set in the right places or in slots, It should work properly. As it got an issue, you can unplug all the cables and try to get them all in the right place again. It may work as sometimes lose connection can cause such sound problem. Thanks.

Thread Information