Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Ultem

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Ultem

Curious if I am able to swap chips on support canisters and use sr100 support with ultem model due to ultem supports suck to clean up. or if anyone knows a way to remove dissolve ultem supports without hurting the model filament

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zeffrell View Post
    Curious if I am able to swap chips on support canisters and use sr100 support with ultem model due to ultem supports suck to clean up. or if anyone knows a way to remove dissolve ultem supports without hurting the model filament
    I don't think SR100 will survive in the oven temp when printing Ultem. The oven would be hotter than the head temperature.

A few things to try to ease your pain...

Use box supports, as always be wary be orientation, but also remove supports when the part is hot. Wear gloves and be careful, but they remove much easier when the part is around 160F.

If you have to stop and reheat later to do this. Be aware that the supports will become harder to remove each time you reheat the part.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best way to remove support from ultem9085 or ultem1010 is to put your part in aceton for a night. Next day you can easely remove all support, it would be soft.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does any of the support removal warp the part, introduce defects, or introduce residual stresses?

Thread Information