Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Strange printing defect on only the right side of a print. Underextrusion?

Never seen this before. Using PLA. Not exactly sure if this is under extrusion or what? I cannot see it being perimeter speed given the rest of it is perfect. It's only on one side and it is perfect towards the end of the line on that side. The problem is on the right side of the cube (IN the front of the right side slowly getting better until it's prefect midway thorough the layer on that side (See pic) when looking at the front of the printer. The fact it's only on one side makes me feel something is weird w/ the printer all the sudden just when the printhead is right at that location. imperfection so perhaps I can do a bit more research on my own also?

I tried printing it a bit smaller and the problem still persisted. I also created another block and it did the same thing so it's not the print itself.

The closeup w/ the flashlight is another sample block i printed. This is the same side the left side is the part closest to the front of the printer and the right side is the back of the same side. I couldn't get it all in one pic while zooming in well enough to try to get detailed images.

I'm using a maker select 2. I use repetier hosts embedded cura is what I use for a slicer. It's always been flawless in hundreds of prints, not sure what could be going on.

Thank you for any input you can provide.
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone? Seems smaller prints don't exhibit this behavior.

Thread Information