Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for user friendly printer

Hey

I own a TAZ but for various reasons I am looking for a new printer. The market is huge though so Im hoping for some advice.

-My absolute top priority is that I want it to just print. As little tweaking and fiddling required as possible(I understand there will be some). Assisted or auto-leveling bed and all.
    -Large print size (~20cm)
    -I live in Singapore with high humidity so enclosure would be good.
    -Budget around 3k

So far I am looking at the two big names 5th Gen Replicator and Cubepro as I figure these two are aimed at the general markets where people just want things to work. I have found mixed reviews of the Rep and almost nothing on the Cubepro. Is there anyone here with either of these units or that knows something that may suit me better?

Any advice is very appreciated, thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are manufacturing printers.
    if you are interested you can contact me [email protected]

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can post a picture and specs.
    You can post helpful information.
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes if you have some information or a link to it nane that would be appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same mindset. MakerBot would not sell to me. They took my money(literally, transaction completed, funds were gone) held the funds for a week but they would not send the equipment unless I sent front/back scans of my govt' issued ID and the card used, and/or my digital bank statements... information they didn't need and I didn't want to give. (I live in Utah btw)

I went with 3D Systems instead and own a Cube Pro Trio and cannot recommend as I have many issues with it. They cannot be adjusted because the software is locked to basic build options(cube pro). Not that I WANTED to adjust anything in the first place... but with problems with the build I don't have ANY options to adjust beyond fill %, supports or not, etc...

I cannot speak for the Maker series other than I did download their software and slice and the options are comparable.

Picture and video of prints always seem to be best case scenario so here is a "rook" build from Thingiverse using CubePro Trio. no raft/no support. white is different build due to Black was Customer support build for troubleshooting (my #2 extruder alarms out if print is longer than 3 hours)
    B&W Side by side.jpgB&W Side by bottom.jpg

It almost always prints at top speed so I get a lot of inconsistent layers (in x,y) and there is ALWAYS a really... really obvious seam running up the back of the parts. The software/slicing on it seem to be #1 problem not recognizing top faces of a part as being "the top" unless it is the last layer(s) of the model.

But again, this is the only 3d printer I PERSONALLY have experience operating. The company I used to work for had a maker bot 1st gen(i think) but that was for another department. :/ So I have seen/heard some about them but its outdated and nothing I could really say I saw for myself.

I can go on if you want any specifics, or more pictures.
    Last edited by Epop; 09-28-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: format

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the SeeMeCNC Delta Orion. It prints right out of hte box and I have been using it for 8 months and 350 hours of use. Excellent machine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have 3D Printers here in Australia. If you want to buy then contact us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, Excellent machine.

Thread Information