Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

HP Withdrawing support for their 3D Designjet Printers

Hi,

At my place of work we have a 'HP Designjet 3D' printer, which I believe is a 'badged' Stratasys uPrint SE or similar?.

HP have informed us that they are no longer supporting this model of printer and have offered us the opportunity to buy any filament we may need for the future before they stop stocking it!. I think the deadline date for this has already passed anyway.

As we potentially won't be able to purchase the filament for this printer any longer we need an alternative!.

The HP filaments have an EEprom in them which basically stops you from using any other filament than HP branded stuff.

I've seen many posts before about hacking the chip to allow you to refill the cartridges with your own filament, although the posts always seemed to refer to the Stratasys version of this printer and no-one seemed to have sussed out how to hack the HP ones.

Has anybody figured this out yet??? if so can you please share any information you may have about it???

We have always used genuine HP filaments in our 3D printer, but now HP are pulling the plug on it we have to look at hacking the EEproms or we are left with a very large and expensive ornament!!!!

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

I hope I've posted this in the right section, if not, please let me know where is the best place to post it.

Thanks in advance

Thread Information