Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Dremel Digilab 3D45

I purchased a Dremel Digilab 3D45 printer a little over a week ago. I am into Astronomy as a hobby and wanted something I could use to make various things for my telescope. I am also and an Engineer. My research in to which printer to purchase was a bit frustrating. Although I have many associates that are in to 3D printing that enjoy the tinkering/tweaking/building/fixing of open source printing hardware, I wanted something easy and reliable. I am 60 years old and don't have the time left to screw around... In the end, I went with the Dremel option, as it apparently has a lot of exposure in educational arenas, leaving me with the expectation that it would be easy to get good results with it. Also, I own other Dremel products which have lasted me decades with no problems. They have been around for 80+ years so hopefully they won't disappear in the future along with parts and service.

So far, I have been happy with the printing performance using their Eco-ABS material. I am almost done printing a color filter wheel for my telescope. I've been wanting one of those for a while, but didn't want to shell out the $100 needed to buy one. Spent $1800+ on a printer instead. Ha!

- Bruce Dahl (aka Bruiser).

Thread Information