Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

3D Printing - Don't be Fooled!

Donít be fooled into thinking you can print anything you want or need for your household and it will be to the standard of an item you purchase in a store. 3D Printers that are suitable for the home have limitations, the size quality and finished product are below the believed printing standard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean my $1600 printer won't make the same quality as $100,000 printer? Or an injection moulded product. Well sure!

Kent in KC
    [email protected]
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Kent in KC
    nvrr49.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info. I almost bought a 3D printed spoon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMTechRob View Post
    Thanks for the info. I almost bought a 3D printed spoon.
    That should be fine, be careful with the forks though, fillet steak only if your using one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBerkBBC View Post
    Don’t be fooled into thinking you can print anything you want or need for your household and it will be to the standard of an item you purchase in a store. 3D Printers that are suitable for the home have limitations, the size quality and finished product are below the believed printing standard.
    Yes you are quite right but do keep in mind that I can make an item that fits MY need and need not be mass produced or pretty for that matter as long as it fulfils my needs without breaking my bank account.
    Now, having said that, if I create an item that works as intended and other people are interested in said item, I now have a wonderful prototype to show to potential investors and basic models that can be cleaned up and/or modified to meet mass production needs.

food for thought,
    DT

PS - thinking of food and 3D printing, I would not use any printed item for food preparation from ABS, PLA, etc as these are not food grade plastics. For prototyping with non-consumer usage I would say go for it but don't print up a set of utensils and start using them at the dinner table....it's for your own welfare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that is true but if you develop products in the household and seek potential investors you then have to possibility of running into problems with copyright laws!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should have a idea what the part will look like when printed, and if someone did any research before buying they would know about the limitations caused by materials, suporting features or lack of, and what manufacturer's machine /build area will print your choice of material the best. They are best used for hobby or prototyping rather than consumer products then again it depends on what you make, there is lots of useful things that nickel and dime you so take care of the pennies and the dollar's will take care of themselves. Besides if they were perfect we couldn't aford them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Steve, do you own an injection molding shop? I'm not sure why you are posting this warning?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you are worried about copyright laws then maybe you should look into a box of crayons....
    If you know what you want and you do your research then a little research into your design might give you your answer to copyright infringement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting the legal forms is the toughest job that most of the people have to deal with. It is a fact that law firms cannot proceed with your case until you have provided the legal forms. To help you out is here with their biggest collection of forms. Here is how we can help you with all your legal forms

All legal and Court forms available

Thread Information