Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

3D Accuracy

My company has a Stratasys Fortus 250MC with plans to purchase a Stratasys Fortus 400MC in 2014.

Here's a simple part but it's not proprietary, no NDA.

Need something Professionally 3D Printed? Contact me.

Have a terrific Holiday Season!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy
    www.3d-accuracy.com
    Last edited by 3D Accuracy; 12-19-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    3D Accuracy
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    My company has a Stratasys Fortus 250MC with plans to purchase a Stratasys Fortus 400MC in 2014.

Robertat3DPrinter-s_zps1f41ed14.jpg

Here's a simple part but it's not proprietary, no NDA.

Need something Professionally 3D Printed? Contact me.

Have a terrific Holiday Season!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy
    www.3d-accuracy.com
    Last edited by 3D Accuracy; 12-19-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: sorry for the double post, first one didn't include the image and I can't delete the post

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D Accuracy View Post
    What you're experiencing is the pitfall of hydroscopic materials that absorb moisture from the environment. This is why injection molders must run many plastic materials through a dryer before molding parts.

I would suggest you remove the material and support cartridge from the printer when you aren't using it. Store them in something that is air tight and put some desiccant material in to absorb any moisture. I know you will waste a couple feet of material each time you remove it from the machine but you should eliminate the moisture/print problem.
    www.3d-accuracy.com
    Yeah that is my current best solution is to just lose the few feet and keep the cartridge in a large ziplock bag if I'm not going to be using it for a while. I'm also going to try something out next week, I just got done cleaning the whole inside of the machine and lubricating all the rails. I also cleaned out little bits from the glass door's gasket so I'm assuming there is a good seal in that area but the cartridge has no seal from the environment. My plan is to simply tape a sheet of plastic over both the material and soluble cartridge shelves to see if that might lock out moisture from going inside. I would try this after I run a part since the heat from that job should bake out any moisture that is already in the machine.

Also in one of my previous posts I said I would add pictures, there isn't a whole lot of things I can show other than this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dietzc; 12-23-2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Added Pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good evening dietzc,

I'm not certain if taping over the cartridge openings on the face of the 3D printer will keep the moisture from the cartridges.

You and I have similar 3D Printers. I have a Stratasys Fortus 250mc which has the same basic frame and enclosure as your Stratasys Dimension 1200es. I've haven't taken mine apart so I don't know for sure, but I don't think the machine is sealed at the back. If it's not sealed in the back moisture could still make it's way to the cartridges.

Also, only the build chamber is heated. The area below where the material and support cartridges are loaded is not heated. Since heat rises I don't think you'll see much if any benefit of the heat reaching down to the cartridges.

Worth a try though. Let me know if it works for you.

Cool pics of the parts you printed, thanks for sharing them.

Have a terrific evening!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy
    3D ACCURACY

Downloads
    Uploads
    The tape method didn't work well due to the texture of the outside of the machine it didn't stick very well. I'm going to just continue with my plastic bag storage method when not in use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good morning dietzc,

I don't know what type of tape you tried, but maybe duct tape would work better than cellophane type tape. You'll need to get some Goo Gone to remove that sticky build up that duct tape leaves behind over time. You wouldn't want your nice 3D Printer looking nasty from tape residue.

If I discover any other clever ways to keep the moisture out of the cartridges I'll let you know.

Have a terrific day!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy
    3D ACCURACY Blog / Website | Direct Digital Manufacturing / Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    why don't you try putting the stratasys print cartridges in a cheap airtight plastic box and through a bunch of desiccant packets in there? DriBox - Desiccants - SorbentSystems.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dprinter View Post
    why don't you try putting the stratasys print cartridges in a cheap airtight plastic box and through a bunch of desiccant packets in there? DriBox - Desiccants - SorbentSystems.com
    I'll have to give those a try, maybe keep one inside the machine when it's not in use and another in a container for the soluble cartridge because my large zip-lock bag method isn't cutting it as I found this morning upon my arrival to work after I had started an almost 7 hour long print before I left yesterday. What is shown in the pictures below is roughly 6 hours worth of plastic wasted when the soluble side jammed up above the tip causing the plastic to have nothing to adhere to.

SDC12726.jpgSDC12725.jpgSDC12728.jpgSDC12727.jpgSDC12730.jpgSDC12732.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good evening dietzc,

Sorry you had such a problem, what a mess, that had to be very disappointing.

Do you think the support material jammed up because of moisture, or was it something else that caused it to jam?

Have you tried placing the cartridges in an oven at a low heat setting to remove moisture prior to printing as I mentioned in a previous post?

Have a terrific evening!
    Robert
    3D Accuracy
    3D ACCURACY Blog / Website | Direct Digital Manufacturing / Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing
    Last edited by 3D Accuracy; 01-16-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,

This is what I use

Afinia, 2x UP Plus 2, Customized QU-BD Revolution XL, Rostock Max, Hyrel3d System 30, Zortrax M200

David

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information