Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stratasys Dimension Elite extrusion problem

Hi all, i'm Guido from Italy, since sometimes i have a strange problem on my Dimension Elite, when the machine is in building state after 1 or 2 hours the model and/or support filaments stop extrusion, if try to verify the extrusion in maintenance mode the extrusion is stopped, if try to reverese filament and reinsert model and support in the extrusion head etherythings seems normal, but when resume build after few time the extrusion ( sometimes only the model or support, sometimes both filaments) stop extrusion again, no allarm on the machine and if i look temperature value on Maraca during the build they are in the normal range........somebody can help me ?????

Downloads
    Uploads
    On a 768 this fault would be the fan on the back of the umbilical from the head, rear left of the machine. I do not know if the Elite has the same fan in the same place. They do not always stop, sometimes they just run slow and do not move enough air.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much Mjolinor for your prompt reply, yes the Dimension have the same fan in the same position, i just check if is running and seems all normal, my opinion is that there is a problem on the thermocouple (or on the T/C amplifier) but i don't know how check T/C or T/C amplifier, why the temperature of the model and support head reading is correct but the head stop the extrusion ????????

Downloads
    Uploads
    The capacitors go faulty on the TC board on the back of the head and they are easy to replace. The design of that board is crap given the place that it is installed. If you do replace the caps then make sure you use 105c ones at least. If you are feeling rich then replace them with even higher temperature ones but they can get really expensive and it is usually cheaper just to replace them every few years.

That fans run slow so looking at it is no indication that it is OK. You really need to feel the air it is shifting when the head is open and compare that to another one. When I went through this problem I had two printers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again for your attention, tomorrow i try to replace capacitors on T/C amplifer and asap referring........if somebody have other ideas..........

Downloads
    Uploads
    nothing to do, i replaced all 4 capacitors but problem is the same, i think that t/c reads higher temperature than real, but why ??????

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still think it is your fan.

Have you tried different filament?

You could remove the head and completely clean it out with MEK and a blowtorch in case there are some bits of old filament stuck in there.

Post a picture of the prints you are getting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    all tried, head liquifier completly cleaning, pipes liquifier was cleaned with steel wires, filament changed more and more times, nothing.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK so the only other thing I can think of is oil in the feed tubes. It is not recommended but I have done it and cured this type of problem.

You really should remove the filament and blow air down there to make sure there is nothing in and take a piece of filament and make sure you can easily move it all the way up the tube and back to make sure there is no small bit stuck that is jamming it. Once you are happy that it is clear and dust free in there I put rape seed oil (better google that to be sure, it is a couple of years since I decided that would be best) and dip the filament in it then work it up and down the tube. You may get strange goings on with the prints until it gets spread about and stops going through the head, do not overdo it.

It is a known problem that once these tubes get old and scratched they can lead to sticking when printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow thanks Mjolinor, i try your tips, had a little problem during the removing of liquifier from the head the t/c wire of the model was broken at the end (about 5/6 mm) do need to replace all t/c ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information