Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

dimension 768 SST HEAD

Hello everyone. proud new owner of 2 printers. One appears to fully work, (it looks a little newer and had the blue LCD screen, while the older one has the green LCD screen. the older one looks like it has a brand new "head" on it. I was told it was having extrusion issues, and that was it. Everything else appears to look good, and go through startup just fine (other than the head temps look low). I have the backup head, which appears to have some burned/melted/corroded wires inside (most likely repairable). I'm going to hook the machines up to the software this weekend, and check them out. Im hoping I can figure out the unit which has low/no filament heater.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyengineer View Post
    Hello everyone. proud new owner of 2 printers. One appears to fully work, (it looks a little newer and had the blue LCD screen, while the older one has the green LCD screen. the older one looks like it has a brand new "head" on it. I was told it was having extrusion issues, and that was it. Everything else appears to look good, and go through startup just fine (other than the head temps look low). I have the backup head, which appears to have some burned/melted/corroded wires inside (most likely repairable). I'm going to hook the machines up to the software this weekend, and check them out. Im hoping I can figure out the unit which has low/no filament heater.

Just an update: Found out the model material nozzle was clogged. I followed the unclogging procedure found in the maintenance manual (link below), page 61 through the end. Pretty easy to do, once the head heated up i pulled out a big chunk of plastic, and the rest, i pushed into the liquiier tube and it melted. Than reloaded the machine, and purged it about 5 times to get it cleared up. Works fine! Now to run the calibration..

http://fab.cba.mit.edu/content/tools...er%20Guide.pdf

Thread Information