Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cartridge Refill Experiences - Please Share

Hello all

I've recently acquired a 768 SST but have no plans to buy the P400 model material from Stratasys. It want to experiment refilling the cartridges on this machine before I make the shift on my 1200es SST as well.

Has anyone had success with specific material brands/types they could share to start me off?

Has anyone used MG94 in their 768 and altered the print head temperatures to make it print optimally with any success? This would be good to know as I believe the MG94 would work well in my 1200es SST as well.

The technical aspect of refilling the cartridges I'm comfortable with, I'm looking to hear from individuals who have had success with particular materials so I can follow suit.

Thanks for any responses provided

Downloads
    Uploads
    You many run into issues running such a low temp material such as clogging the nozzle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just used the 10 a roll ABS from ebay and never had any problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you lower your tempereture? Did anyone use PLA as soluble support material?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never used pla as soluble. Wouldn't recommend it, chamber temp is higher than pla tg temp. Use hips as a support material under the "basic" setting. It's a lot like reprap style supports, breaks away from the abs easily. As for abs mg94 really is the best. E3d premium. Pa747 is fine too, but only the natural. Any other color will clog no matter what. 285 is a perfect extrusion temp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did use hips but when Im desolving it in a Utrasonic cleaner with D-Lemonene it also desloves the abs a little.

I was using PLA for my other prints and desolving it in NaH solvent. Is the BST1200 capable of extruding PLA?

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's capable yes, but you won't be able to use it as a support for ABS, as the chamber is too hot for PLA, so you must lower the chamber temp to print it. When you do this it negates the benefits of using a heated chamber for ABS, as it must be kept at the proper temperature. So you get ABS warping if the chamber temp is too low, similar to open source printers.

If your limonene is dissolving the ABS, it probably has turpentine (very similar) in it. You need to find the absolute purest stuff you possibly can. MG chemicals makes good stuff.

However, HIPS is really meant to be used as a break away support structure on stsratasys machines. It is more work, but I suggest doing that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The head is also too hot for PLA on both the SST and the BST. With the support heater completely off the support head will get to temperatures above the glass transition point of PLA

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do E3D Premium colours work without clogging?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by drumguy560 View Post
    it's capable yes, but you won't be able to use it as a support for ABS, as the chamber is too hot for PLA, so you must lower the chamber temp to print it. When you do this it negates the benefits of using a heated chamber for ABS, as it must be kept at the proper temperature. So you get ABS warping if the chamber temp is too low, similar to open source printers.

If your limonene is dissolving the ABS, it probably has turpentine (very similar) in it. You need to find the absolute purest stuff you possibly can. MG chemicals makes good stuff.

However, HIPS is really meant to be used as a break away support structure on stsratasys machines. It is more work, but I suggest doing that.
    Can you provide more info please, wich brand of HIPS are you using? and about temp??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information