Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hot end mounted to THK HSR25 sliding block

Here it is assembled onto the sliding block. Note this is not at all a standard J head. It's quite a bit larger diameter at the fins.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/277487...57651960053516

Now that this part is together, I see what I've forgotten. I need a way to mount a ball screw nut to this to move it. That part will need to wait until I get some ball screws. ;P

I'll most likely make a piece that mounts with the upper two bolts, which will require using longer bolts. Then once the printer is operational I might make a one piece mount for both the hot end and ball nut.

The mount is my own design, printed by a nice fellow in Florida. I just had to barely ream the large holes a little with a #1 drill bit. The white fan mount was provided by Sintron. It's holes needed reamed a lot to fit the M3 bolts, and they're still a bit too close together. I'll most likely make an RTV mold of those parts, after modifying them a bit for better fit and making the clamp thicker, then cast them in EpoxAcast 655 aluminum filled epoxy with HT hardener. Won't be any chance of having the fan mount melt and fall off with that resin.

Thread Information