Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Started Great but that quickly changed

I have had my Ender 3v2 for a week. After assembly and bed leveling, I printed the test dog and it came out perfect. I them printed 3 more items and the results were again very good. I managed to print a Celtic Skull, a 50cal Bullet, and a combination of 4 house numbers that I arranged to print linked together. The dog and skull I printed with CCTREE white PLA, the bullet and the numbers, I printed with TTYT3D Silk Shine Gold. All had very fine resolution and smooth finish and the material all bonded well together with some very minor imperfections that were likely due to printing some large overhangs without support. When I moved on to print my 5th item, the wheels came off the bus.

Suddenly, I had trouble getting the material to adhere to the bed, and the design pulled off as it was in the first few passes.
    I reset everything, cleaned the bed, selected auto home, leveled the bed again, and tried again. I was getting the same result.
    I then checked the forums, went back to the white PLA I knew had worked, checked my bed level again, checked the temp of the bed and the hot end, and tried again. But that also failed. Had trouble sticking the first outline pass or two, then made a few good passes, and then it pulled off.

I watched a few videos for help and it appeared that the closest example I could find to my situation was pointing to a clogged or partially clogged nozzle. So I pre-heated the unit and attempted to run the needle through the nozzle to make sure it was not blocked. That didn't work, so I replaced the nozzle with a spare .4 that I had on hand. I then re-leveled the bed and tried a test print. Same nozzle temp 200c and bed temp 60c. Initially, it looked like I had the bed too close, so I backed off a little to open the gap and it appeared to be making nice smooth layers that were uniform. It looked normal as it printed and when finished the design looked good.

However, when I went to pry the piece off the bed, it was like picking up a block of Shredded Wheat. It had the right shape, but the layers seemed to come apart like dry grass. It felt crunchy and it fell apart with little effort. My temps were good for the whole print.

Does anyone have an ideas? I'm hoping I am just making some simple gross error(s) that are causing my issues. Looking forward to your recommendations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Does anyone have an ideas? I'm hoping I am just making some simple gross error(s) that are causing my issues. Looking forward to your recommendations.
    I have had my V2 for about 3 weeks now. One of the first things I did when I got it was to replace the stock bowden tube with a higher quality Capricorn tube. The stock tubes are notorious for clogging, stringing, and generally causing print problems. That would be the first place I'd look. If you take the hot end side out you can see pretty easily if it's clogged or damaged. Be careful, because you have to do this with the end heated.

Also, what are you cleaning the glass bed with? Pure 99% isopropyl works best for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, will give capricorn a try. Will also kick up to 99% for the isopropyl too, and see if that goes better.

Thread Information