Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Repetier Firmware Settings and Z-min endstop

Hello everyone! A Engineer friend of ours recently finished building our Cultivate3D Beast kit, but unfortunately he set it up for 4x synchronous printing rather than with traditional dual extruders on the same axis. We removed the additional X-axis and extruders, wired the remaining extruders separately and attached them together so they move as one unit. However, I ran into a couple questions at this point:

1) How does running a traditional dual extruder setup impact the setup of repetier firmware? Obviously we added the additional extruder to the firmware, but do I enter the space between the nozzles as the firmware X offset? Do I reduce the bed size to account for the reduced area of accessibility for the extruders?

2) In the Repetier Firmware there are options for the heated bed. However, our machine came with a silicone heater with a manual temperature control. How do I reflect this in the firmware, set it up as if the bed is unheated?

3) The Beast has a triple axis, manual level bed. Where does the Z-min Endstop belong? Should it be set up so that homing brings the bed up in contact with the nozzle and hits the Endstop at the same time as the nozzle touches the print bed?

Thanks from everyone here at Access 3D Services, looking forward to being able to use this beast of a machine!

Thanks,
    Joe Eckert, Operations Director, Access 3D Services

Thread Information