Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Print Size Problem

Hope someone can help, I purchased a 3D Printer from Aldi, It works great and has done for a year, problem I am having now is if I download an stl file and run it through Cura 4.4.1 it prints about 20% of its intended size, I have done the same with other stl files and it has worked fine up to about 2 months ago, I have tried altering settings but no luck, if I try to print earlier files via the supplied SD card it prints earlier files fine, its just the latest ones that print very small, I have tried Ideamaker and it works OK but the time to print goes from 1hr to print from Cura to 7hrs to print from Ideamaker, the part I am trying to print is a small shoe horn.

Downloads
    Uploads

Print Problems

Did not get a reply to earlier question so thought I would try again, I have included a picture of two prints I attempted, the diameter of each item is 35mm but it looks like the filament size is a bit big, these two items were created on Auto Fusion then spliced with 2 different splicers (Ideamaker and Realvision), the images show up on screen perfectly, as mentioned earlier older files print prefectly, I am a bit puzzled why it is doing it, once the print is around 20% its seems to print OK, tried different PLA, bed setting 60c and extruder 200cSuzukiheadlamp print issue.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Philiom View Post
    Hope someone can help, I purchased a 3D Printer from Aldi, It works great and has done for a year, problem I am having now is if I download an stl file and run it through Cura 4.4.1 it prints about 20% of its intended size, I have done the same with other stl files and it has worked fine up to about 2 months ago, I have tried altering settings but no luck, if I try to print earlier files via the supplied SD card it prints earlier files fine, its just the latest ones that print very small, I have tried Ideamaker and it works OK but the time to print goes from 1hr to print from Cura to 7hrs to print from Ideamaker, the part I am trying to print is a small shoe horn.

Thread Information