Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. Im looking for advice to buy my first 3d printer.

Hello

With the Black Friday discounts coming soon, i wanted to do some research so as to treat myself to a 3d printer. I've had a chance to play a little with my friend's Ender 3 Pro, but i want to buy one for myself. I wanted to ask people's advice on which model(s) i should be looking out for during Black Friday.

The following are things im looking for, in terms of importance:

1. Ease of use/maintenance. I am new at this, so for my first printer im definetely looking for something that's easy to setup and handle. So easy to level bed, easy to set up settings, quick and easy to start printing properly etc.
    2. In terms of physical size, i would prefer it to be similar to Ender 3 Pro's size. This is because i want to make sure it fits in my available space
    3. Assuming above criteria are met, i would prefer some nice detail to be available. My "Main printed" things will be Wargaming terrain (buildings, bunkers, scifi stuff, etc), various character figures (think funkopops size), geeky stuff etc. If you are familiar with Warhammer, then basically i will mostly be printing stuff of roughly Dreadnaught scale, not spacemarine scale.
    4. My budget is under 1000. Oh and im based in UK, so it needs to be available in UK.

Using the above, can you please recommend me any models to look out for? As you can see, im rather new to this, so i would want to start with something that's simple to use. My friend says his Ender 3 Pro requires constant maintenance and breaks often, so id rather get something a bit more stable (if not as powerful) at first.

Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought an Ender 3 Pro in May this year and have been super duper happy with it. I shopped around a lot before buying it. Also got a lot of opinions and consensus was that the Ender 3 Pro is the perfect starter printer.

Nothing has broken on it and I haven't really done any maintenance except for the odd bed levelling procedure.

Your budget goes way beyond what the E3 costs, though. So if you would like to spend your entire budget I'm sure there are more advanced printers available. The E3 Pro is around 240 here in South Africa.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey just a quick word of advice. I have bought some cheaper 3d printers and after a lot of playing they all work rather well. With the type of investment you are looking to make I would suggest picking up something cheap like an ender or even like a cr 10. Buy some rolls of good filament and then start the research on what to print to make it better, what new hot end and extruder to buy to make it print smoother. Take this on as what it is, a hobby that you will have to learn to enjoy. If you want to avoid that then take a look at the new Prusa printers. Even though I haven't owned one they are the printer that nearly all the others are clones of. Whatever you decide good luck and welcome to the party.

Thread Information