Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation I desperately need help with TPU printing!!

I am replicating a soft actuator (see pictures below) for my final year engineering project. I am having a lot of problems with stringing. I've tried numerous different specs in simplify3D with no luck. I am using a fresh batch of NinjaFlex and have followed the suggested parameters from the original creator that are,

Flashforge Creator Pro Dual Head
    Layer height: 0.1mm
    Nozzle: 0.4mm
    Extrusion temp: 220C
    Bed temp: 80C
    Print Speed: 20mm/s
    Infill: 100%
    Wall thickness: 2mm
    Cooling: 60%
    Multiplier number: 1.2
    Support: None
    Retraction: None

I have tried adding retraction, lowering the Extrusion temp to 215C, lowering the print speed to 1000mm/min, and increasing the cooling to 80%, all with no luck. I also have a flexible filament extruder I've used, and it has had the same problem.

I have also changed the movement behaviour to have a detour factor of 300, which has reduced the problems but still has stringing occurring in where the travel moves occur (in red).

Any suggestions are welcome, and if you could provide screenshots or printing specs for simplify3D, that would be wonderful.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

acuator-testing-issues1.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. I print TPU on my creator pro. Please read this blog post I wrote on my website about good TPU settings. I would also recommend setting up your creator pro to use cura like I did, it is much better than flashprint when it comes to printing TPU, as it has many more options. In the meantime, you can also look at my website for printers that can print TPU 85a out of the box with no tinkering, such as the Zortrax Inventure, M200 Plus, M300 plus, and M300 dual.

Thread Information