Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

A couple questions about my Anet A8

I got an Anet A8 a long time ago, built it, but never really set it up. I finally started playing with it the other day but I had a few questions.

1. It looks like autoleveling is available now. Mine does not have this feature. How can I be sure getting the add-on will work with my model? Do I need a new controller board? I will at least need new firmware and I'm not sure where to get that.

2. I used masking tape on my heat bed but it leaves a residue. Is painter's tape better? Glass? I had trouble getting the test pieces off and had to peel the masking tape to get them off. I'm not sure if I will have that issue with glass. Suggestions?

3. How can I print without having to constantly swap the SD card? My printer came with a USB cable but I can't figure how to print without copying the gcode to an SD card and swapping it out. I am using CURA 4. Supposedly there is an option to use USB instead of writing to SD card but I don't seem to have one. I read it's best to use SD card so it doesn't ruin a print by loosing connection with the PC mid-print. As an IT guy, that seems poorly implemented, to stream the print instead of sending it completely and then printing. Maybe my info is outdated.

I think I had a few others questions but that's all I can recall for now. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information