Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey this is all great info thanks. I am a CNC programmer. I work with Mastercam and parts maker. 3d printing is new ground for me what level / program do you think would work with my knowledge base?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello another newbie here. I'm going to ask a bunch of what would seem really lame questions to the seasoned pros on here. Wondering if Pro Engineer would work? Assuming it would but how would it interface with the printer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    G.Price since its sounds like you have experience in software I would say you should be able to use any software.
    cincyboy, Pro-e will work for modeling the object. The standard is just exporting a STL file. One thing to know is you will need a modeling software, computer/printer interface software and firmware for the printer controller. So Pro-e does not interface with the printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im looking at maybe getting an entry level 3d printer and some theres decent reconsiderations on cheap/free software here. I trained as a injection mould tool maker after college but havent done any 3d work for around 15 years because I now work as a fabricator but thinking in 3d is no problem. Im going to download a few of the free reconsiderations and give them a go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello I have been messing with Cura it's Ultimaker's software but it's free and works with other printers! plus it looks cool and slices fast as butter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The nice thing about the various free slicers is that you can have all or a few installed.

I know with Cura you can even have multiple version installed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tom o View Post
    Im also using 123d seems to be good but the best tutorials are on you tube if you search for the operation you want to perform.
    The 123d site gives you the basics of what it can do.
    Another thing about 123d is it can repair your model too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    man if you are beginner in 3D design i recommend you to use MXD3D Design Tool , its simple and easy to use and you can design Awesome stuff with it so go to http://marketplace.mxd3d.com/ and unleash your creativity

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Rhino3d. The software is very capable for 3d design. Rhino uses NURBS surfaces which are very powerful for doing complex stuff. They have some very helpful tutorials and offer a low cost Educational version to get started. It is not parametric so if you need to change stuff its almost easier to start over in some cases. The parametric software Like Inventor is nice if you have a family of parts that are similar. Once it is designed just entering in a spreadsheet key dimensions will generate whole new cad drawings. I have a friend that uses Zbrush. Its not like regular CAD program designed for more art sculpture work. Very cool looking program. Generates a well formed mesh directly. Not like Rhino or other cad programs where the mesh is a post process object. Like many things pluses and minuses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    solidworks is good

UGNX is best

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information