PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Hannya Demon - SG Custom Silver

SG Custom Silver
12-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Japanese Hannya Demon

Ive been a fan of Japanese art for years and I decided to make a ring of the Hannya deomn. Ive seen a few versions of the Hannya Demon. Some are more common then others and I definitely do not want to make a ring of the most common Hannya out there. I decided to go with this hard to find 3-eyed Hannya Demon. Im not quite done yet I still need to make some small changes and add a little more detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXBNcqvrklU&feature=share&list=UUiyE0N0FzjleYHfQUGZGMsw&index=1

MatthewBasaraba
12-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Very nice!

Are you going to use PLA? Will give you a much shinier finish. I would make sure to set your extruder temp and layer thickness pretty low or the heat will distort the awesome detail you have put into it.

I would say 200-210 C extruder temp, .1 layer thickness.

Might want to add your own supports to it also so that the software doesnt put them in spots where it will be delicate to the skin. I had to do this for a ring I made for my son since I didnt want to do a bunch of sanding and ruin the finish. Can also use vapor smoothing after it is done if it does requiring a bit of sanding.

SG Custom Silver
12-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Vapor smoothing... I gotta look into that. Ive never heard of it but I'm interested to see what its all about.

MatthewBasaraba
12-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Vapor smoothing... I gotta look into that. Ive never heard of it but I'm interested to see what its all about.

I think it only works on ABS, not PLA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7083xw9I7o

SG Custom Silver
12-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Nice. I only print in wax for silver casting. This is very interesting though. I really need to get into other materials, I know I'm missing out on a lot. This is going to be a heavy 2oz ring and I will post pictures of the finishing process once its printed.

courageoflions
12-27-2013, 01:21 AM
The model is looking great! Make sure to post when you've got it printed!

Kyle
01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Check this out.. Lost PLA casting. Similar to lost wax casting. Lost PLA 3D Print to Metal Casting; Complete - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVVSZP3Au4)

MitchGtz
01-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Looks great. Actually I'm in the middle of getting a tattoo sleeve that has a Hannya mask as part of the design

SG Custom Silver
01-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Looks great. Actually I'm in the middle of getting a tattoo sleeve that has a Hannya mask as part of the design

Im a big fan of japanese style art. Do you have a picture of the hannya mask?

MitchGtz
01-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Look up MitchGtz on Instagram, the line work was posted recently by the artist (Mike Rubendall). It is a Japanese geisha with a fan, but through the transparency of the fan, you can see she's a hannya. (Sleeve also has a Tiger, lots of bamboo and Sakura, fingerwaves etc.) I'm thrilled with the way it's coming out.

SG Custom Silver
01-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Look up MitchGtz on Instagram, the line work was posted recently by the artist (Mike Rubendall). It is a Japanese geisha with a fan, but through the transparency of the fan, you can see she's a hannya. (Sleeve also has a Tiger, lots of bamboo and Sakura, fingerwaves etc.) I'm thrilled with the way it's coming out.

Nice concept. Demon in disquise. Ive been putting ideas together for a sleeve too, Buddha Belly Bamboo for sure, but sakura is hard to translate to a tattoo. I wonder how yours will look when its done and colored.

SG Custom Silver
01-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Here is the ring completed in a satin finish and eyes, horns and teeth given a glossy finish. The fourth image is of the ring in raw silver and unfinished.

244 245

246 247