PDA

View Full Version : Fsl3d

PEU
02-08-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm a backer and waiting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fsl/pegasus-touch-laser-sla-3d-printer-low-cost-high-q

Their latest update with the focusing improvements looks amazing.

Pablo

ShuttleSpace
02-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Yes, nice texture finishes and details. Is there a translucent material ok for outdoors? UV stable.

dietzc
02-11-2014, 04:40 AM
The .stl software they have developed looks very impressive with all the control over your supports. It definitely seems like the best method to use cutaway supports of the same material you are building with rather than a separate breakaway or soluble material.

Boss hark
02-15-2014, 01:43 PM
I want one.

Nchapman
02-15-2014, 10:12 PM
You will be very happy with this printer. I personally think everyone should have a SLA type printer. The resolution is just impressive. The down side is the resin is expensive. I'm currently working on a DIY projector based SLA. So far the build is going smoothly.

PEU
02-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Latest update about the optics improvements show amazing printing details, gray is competing platform, green is FSL3D:

http://i.imgur.com/ryWYa9E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AVyFeX1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xwdN39d.png

Pablo

dietzc
02-24-2014, 04:07 AM
You will be very happy with this printer. I personally think everyone should have a SLA type printer. The resolution is just impressive. The down side is the resin is expensive. I'm currently working on a DIY projector based SLA. So far the build is going smoothly.

Around how much per cubic inch printed does it cost for the SLA Resins? I know a lot of DIY FDM printers are able to use cheaper spools of only ABS compared to a machine like my Stratasys that uses $250-$260 cartridge for the SST and the ABS which equals around $4.46 per cubic inch printed.

PEU
03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
OEM resin cost: One liter=$100=61 cubic inches

so 1 cubic inch costs $1.63

Pablo

Buckaroo
04-03-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm interested. This is the quality that I've been looking for. I'm under the impression that the cost is going to be around $6k? Actually, I'm not sure of the pricing.

I'm going to have to start saving.

PEU
04-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Latest update they told us they settled at 80um spot size, thats amazing at the price, mine is promised to be delivered in May, but there are backers that have this month shipping date. Waiting patiently... not :)

Pablo

dixon8402
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM
The quality looks amazing for the price. I little much for me to spend on just a hobby, but if I'm ever generating revenue with this hobby I will definitely be more interested.

TesseractDzyn
04-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi - this is my first post. This seems like a great forum

I've been using FFF printers for several years now, and would really like to step up to an SLA printer. The Form 1 seems to be leading the pack right now, but I've heard some bad stories about wait times for delivery, etc. Also, the print volume is a little small for my liking.

The Pegasus Touch seems like an exciting alternative. I like the fact that it's being produced by an established tech company - hopefully this will help avoid some of the development and supply-chain issues that have been problematic with smaller/Kickstarter based firms.

Nonetheless, I've been a little nervous about shelling out for a brand-new product that doesn't have the bugs worked out yet. So I called the company today to get some info. Apparently, they've got between 50-70 orders that they are processing, and currently planning on shipping in July. They are offering a 90-day warranty; no extended warranty is available. there is a 30-day money-back guarantee (with a 20% restocking fee!). They are working on creating some forums as well, but they are still in the early stages.

I'm about 99% sold on this printer - just gotta get that final 1% out of the way.

-Crawford

TesseractDzyn
09-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey, has anybody used this printer? I've had one on order for a couple of months, and am expecting it to show up shortly. I was wondering what others' experience has been with this printer?

-Crawford