PDA

View Full Version : Just In The Snap 3D Printer

3DPFadmin
01-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Check this one out- The Snap 3D Printer by TJIKO Labs €” Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1970256921/the-snap3d-printer?ref=live)

The Snap 3D Printer:We've designed a high quality 3D printer that is fast and easy to assemble and prints high quality parts.
Users do not need any technical background knowledge to assemble the Snap 3D printer, making it ideal for users who don't want to deal with the complex design challenges of putting together their own printer (cutting parts, electronics, soldering).
The printer's frame is extremely strong and doesn't require fasteners thanks to our design innovation and high quality materials. From our first prototype in wood to our final product in plastic, the printer is one of the best designed and most appealing 3D printers, and also offers your choice of frame color.
Our dream is for the Snap 3D printer to be a platform for 3D printing innovations. This is why we've chosen the modular design. Advanced users, makers and product designers will be able to customize their printer. One example is the Extruder's platform that can be easily removed and replaced with a different Extruder for liquid printing or dispensing (printing chocolate, sugar or food). The print bed is also modular for this purpose. Users will be able to add a second Extruder for experimental dual printing. Our electronics will support this option too.

cguy09
02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Looks like it didn't make it's funding goal.

I'm starting to get somewhat gun-shy of Kickstarter. I've contributed to 3 projects in the last year. Not one of them delivered their product on-time and 2 of the 3 haven't shipped anything to their backers. One I have hope in getting it soon. Not sure of the other...

snakehessman
02-10-2014, 02:18 PM
The pricing was OK, but I'm not convinced that it will be sturdy enough with this snap assembling technique. Is it made for kids? If so, what about the electronics?

i04p
02-10-2014, 06:19 PM
why use snaps when you can use screws? i'm not so sure this is such a great idea. Screws work great. No need to replace them with something else.You can even 3d print them.

apeman88
02-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Saw this when it was live but didnt like the design at all.

Poseidon
02-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Ditto on the snaps vs screws argument. That said, the idea that a manufacturing machine can be made stiff enough with just snaps can only contribute to the forward thinking that allows technology to build upon itself.

Boss hark
02-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Great concept though.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it didn't make it's funding goal.

I'm starting to get somewhat gun-shy of Kickstarter. I've contributed to 3 projects in the last year. Not one of them delivered their product on-time and 2 of the 3 haven't shipped anything to their backers. One I have hope in getting it soon. Not sure of the other...

Kickstarter doesn't have great advertising so people forget about it.