PDA

View Full Version : Need Help 105T M1 gear

headsmess
01-03-2014, 11:56 PM
allo!

ive had a lil baby lathe for a few years, and i guess this isnt really crucial, and eventually possibly pointless, as a few stepper motors and a gecko 540 would fix it permanently (as well as allowing me to make spheres etc easily) but until then...

when i got my lathe,(2nd hand) it came supplied with two 98 tooth gears, instead of one with 98 and one with 105!

well, the 105 is the gear needed for cutting virtually every thread on the thing! so, theres been very little thread cutting performed on this machine ( i do have a bigger one...and would be willing to barter some sort of deal if necessary by making "stuff" on it...)

so what does all this mean?

i was quoted $2 a tooth to get a gear made! i can buy a full set of cutters for half of that, and make it myself! (but im also very lazy, poor, um... yeah...)

anyone interested in printing one up, 10mm thick for me? nylon or some other hard gear type material... good old mod1 pitch... probably take me five minutes to create a drawing if required...

tpsimer
01-05-2014, 11:31 AM
what kind of lathe is it? what is the diameter and pitch of the gear and what hole size does it have for the shaft it will fit on?

bestrada11
04-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I could probly cut one pretty easy on my Mazak qt200msy on the c axis with live tooling wanna send me a pic of what you need..