PDA

View Full Version : Nema 17 steppers

erik.ault.5
08-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Hello all. Well i started building a 3d printer about 3 months ago. I first tryed a ramps 1.4 board and no matter what i did to the firmware all the steppers motors did was bizz and jerk. So I decided to try a different board. So i ordered a different board, In came the mini rambo 1.3. Step up firmware and stepper motors do the same thing. Im able to determine its not the steppers because i have two different brands of steppers. So there has to be some issue with the firmware. Any help would be wonderful. I am also willing to compesate for someones time and effort. Thanks

Mjolinor
08-05-2015, 03:34 AM
You probably have the wiring incorrect.

jino
06-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Hello all. Well i started building a 3d printer about 3 months ago. I first tryed a ramps 1.4 board and no matter what i did to the firmware all the steppers motors did was bizz and jerk. So I decided to try a different board. So i ordered a different board, In came the mini rambo 1.3. Step up firmware and stepper motors do the same thing. Im able to determine its not the steppers because i have two different brands of steppers. So there has to be some issue with the firmware. Any help would be wonderful. I am also willing to compesate for someones time and effort. Thanks

I have same this problem may but I'm try potential meter adjustment but it's not use for me?????

AutoWiz
09-06-2016, 02:35 PM
you can take an led bulb and jump pins 1 and 2 and then jump pins 3 and 4 of the stepper motor with the led bulb. in both of these positions the bulb should light when you spin the stepper motor. if they do not light, then try the led bulb in pins 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 and if the bulb lights when you spin the stepper then you are wired wrong. If the bulb still doesn't light then you have bad stepper motor coils or bad wiring.
If you are sure that your stepper motors are wired right then you should take a better look at your firmware. There are very helpful tutorials on youtube for setting up marlin firmware. here is one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwWVFtdg-4
That guy has other video tutorials that show how to calibrate steps/mm with prusa calculator. Watch a bunch of those video tutorials and if you have any issues with your firmware surely you will identify and correct them.