Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any estimate as to when these go on sale?

Hi,

I'm not trying to pressure anybody, but I took the price-freeze option and would like to buy a printer fairly soon. I realize it will take time to get the bugs out, and to make the already committed printers, but my price-freeze expires in September(?) so I'm feeling a bit antsy.

I'll admit that I'd rather have a printer later than a non-working printer.

Adafruit has random quotes on their pages: one of them goes something like:

A bad game is bad forever, but a late game will eventually be good.

I'm willing to be patient if I can see more feedback, even if it's just "still waiting for parts." And especially if there is some reassurance that the price-freeze will be extended.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe you would like to give us a clue as to what you are talking about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as I should have been. My pills for my back pain make me overly talkative.

Basically, the people who tool the Price-freeze option in Kickstarter have until September to purchase a printer or lose their payment.

While I'd rather have the perfect printer right now, I'm fully willing to wait the developers finish developing them. I just want to know how the later deadlines would effect those of us who took the Price-Freeze option.

The game design quote merely says to the developers: take your time and do your best to get it right, rather than be pressured by anybody (including themselves or by artificial deadlines) to put out something less than their best.

Following was a statement that said that fears such as mine could be fixed by short communications more often. I would much rather a quick posting every week rather than a video every four months. IMHO, of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well maybe someone else can understand what you're on about but it still isn't clear to me what printer you are talking about, what is has to do with Kickstarter or what a "price freeze" is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, DT,

Sorry it took a little bit to answer. To your first question: Price Freeze vs. delivery date: not to worry. Since we're late in delivery, the Price Freeze option is going to get pushed out, too. Just to be safe, and for round numbers, we'll keep it valid until 2014-12-31.

Re: updates: we're going to have an update web chat on Wednesday of next week. One of us will post the specifics in out forum, and also on our Facebook page, some time today. We'll provide the status report and answer your questions. Please join us!

@Mjolinor: Price Freeze was an option we offered during our Kickstarter campaign. If you wanted our printer, but wanted to make sure that we delivered a good product, you would pledge $100 (non-refundable) and that would hold your price at Kickstarter level until 2014-09-01. So now we're going to extend that deadline due to our delay in starting production. Does that make sense?

Thanks.
    Ben.
    Ben Reytblat
    Founder, http://3DMonstr.com
    Because size DOES matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aha, so, a thread where one needs psychic powers to hypothesize what is being conversed. Have to admit it's not the normal way forums work. Normally one would post a question or conversational topic giving appropriate links or search terms, explanations or problems making sure one provided enough information in the post to allow people to understand the problem. Still, it takes all sorts I suppose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Mjolinor: that would be some trick, wouldn't it? The psychic powers, I mean. :-)

I can't speak for DT, but I suspect he was relying on this being a 3DMonstr thread, and that most folks following it will have seen our Kickstarter campaign were probably familiar with the Price Freeze option. Alas, that turned out not to be 100% true. :-)

While we continue to work on the psychic-power enhancement module for the T-Rex family of printers, allow me to invite you and everyone else to our next Web chat: http://www.3dprintforums.com/showthr...=7489#post7489

Thanks.
    Ben.
    Ben Reytblat

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Well maybe someone else can understand what you're on about but it still isn't clear to me what printer you are talking about, what is has to do with Kickstarter or what a "price freeze" is.
    Since this is the 3d Monstr support forum, I'm talking about the 3d Monstr printer, which was funded at Kickstarter. Have I accidentally cross-posted to another forum?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ben,

Thanks much!

I still can't wait (though I suppose I'll have to) to see pics of any of the T-Rex using all four extruders. And that psychic input module would be nice...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Re: psychic enhancement module: working on it!

Although at a slightly lower priority than a. manufacturing facility (aka The Fac), b. heated bed, and c. multi-extruder firmware. I hope you 'll understand :-)

Thanks.
    Ben.
    Ben Reytblat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information