Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Share what your working on

Lets see what your modeling please share!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This was my first experience with a 3D printer. It's one of our engineers at work that I modeled in Blender. I have a larger one at home that I use for a tap handle on my keg fridge:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've printed several projects related in model railroad equipment. I was fortunate to have access to a Perfactory machine for some experiments. The detail was acceptable for the projects. I have tested several of these same files on some of the 3D printers designed for experimenters/home users and have been very disappointed. Most of the "filament" printers cannot produce the detail necessary for even HO (1:87) modeling. They all do a marvelous job of teaching users about stairstepping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    2014-02-07 14.00.01.jpg
    I stopped by Makelab.ca and watched one of their machines and learned a few tricks, one being the manual height adjustment for the first layer of the raft. Thanks to Teddy.

I took a few samples and will try some ways of getting a smooth finish on printed parts, (aside from acetone) maybe silicon carbide paper and water.
    Also will see how LEDs work with the translucent materials.
    Last edited by ShuttleSpace; 02-11-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: add picture

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 3D head is really cool! Been wanting to do a few 3D bobblehead for the whole family but still cant find the right software for to convert 2D to 3D file.

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used Blender and took two photographs of my friend. One from the side and the other from the front. Then it was just a matter of adjusting the mesh to match the photos...lots of tutorials online. It's hard to tell from the picture, but when you hold it in your hand, there is no doubt who it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I'll have to play with Blender. Good job on your minime! :-)

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a lot of free tools that will capture images and splice them together to get a model. One that i typically use is Autodesk 123D Catch. With any of these tools highly reflective surfaces just dont work. Its only a matter of time before this is not an issue. I've also seen a lot of people using Microsoft Kinect with very impressive results. I havent had the time to mess around with the kinect but have it on my list to do. Just not enough time in the day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Share what your working on
    I thought by now this thread would be full...

I'm waiting for my printer, but in the meantime the list is endless... from a new handle for the wife's 400 year old little garden spade to a honey bee feeder (honey and water no alcohol ) to spare mags for my rifle (can you still say this on a public forum ) to hinges to tools to stencils to a list of other parts for all kinds of things. We also manufacture electronics so for half these products we can now (when the printer gets here) make decent enclosures that suits the product. I'm getting a resin printer for now, will get the plastic one later, I got kinda set back not winning the printer. But then we knew it wasn't going to be, right ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried to print this model before but it wasn't working but once I fixed the 3D file in MakePrintable: https://makeprintable.com/

I was able to print it and it looks really great.
    3D-image-2.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information