Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaxibus View Post
    Hi Folks!

Catalyst is goimng to be EOL and subsitutued with GrabCAD. The funny part is that in GrabCAD you will be also have Insight!! You can open it from the Menu "App". So I think the next thing to do is to make GrabCAD-Insight to work with our Dimension Printers ;-)
    I'm fairly certain GrabCAD-Print already works with Dimension printers. Am I missing something or maybe misunderstood your comment? I haven't used GrabCAD with my Dimension yet, but I went through parts of the setup documentation and Dimension printers were fully supported from what I recall, in fact Dimension printers were more supported at this point than Fortus printers (again, if I recall correctly!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Newbie here. Thanks to the original poster for this information.

In reply to @Blow454, GrabCad does indeed work for Dimension printers. The issue is that it seems present the same features as Catalyst 4.5 did; two different layer heights, no control of tool paths, and most importantly, little control of supports. I really want to have control of the supports because I am using a 768 in my STEM class and I cannot find a cheap source for the soluble support material.

With that said, has anyone been able to modify the Insight 11.7 (the one that installs with GrabCad Print) software to work with the Dimension printers? I got it to work with version 10, but not with the latest version of Insight. Copying the file and the models directory does not result in the Dimension printers showing up in the available modelers list.

For those interested, GrabCad Print installs Insight in a hidden directory in the User directory of the hard drive. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\Stratas ys\InsightCore\

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown454 View Post
    I'm fairly certain GrabCAD-Print already works with Dimension printers. Am I missing something or maybe misunderstood your comment? I haven't used GrabCAD with my Dimension yet, but I went through parts of the setup documentation and Dimension printers were fully supported from what I recall, in fact Dimension printers were more supported at this point than Fortus printers (again, if I recall correctly!).
    I think they are referring to the Insight version which comes bundled with the GrabCAD Print. It does not support the Dimension printers. The fix mentioned in this thread also does not work for this version of Insight (at least I did not know how to make it work).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just confirming that this workaround does not work on versions of Insight after 11.0.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^
    Which latest version of Insight will work with the SST 768? 11.0?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information