Close
Login to Your Account
    Downloads
    Uploads

3D printed articulated action figures.

Hi!

My name is Hauke. I am a toy designer from Germany. I have been working with 3D printing for a year now. I specialize in making articulated action figures at 6-7 inch scale. Below you can see some of my work. I hope you like it. The figures are printed on a Stratasys Mojo and hand painted. Up until recently I used Softimage for modeling. Since Softimage will be discontinued I switched to Modo for making my 3D printed figures. So far I am quite happy. The measurement systems inside Modo allow to work a lot more exactly then Softimage did. Also its inbuilt sculpting tools are great for making quick organic details like hair and fur.

My first body template. I just quickly made him into a dark future warrior to see how well adapting the body into different characters would work.

This was the 2nd figure I did. I wanted to challenge myself a little bit. So this one splits apart into two different parts that transform a little bit: A gun walker and a headwalker/ one wheeled warrior. Also included in the pic are some of the design stages of the figure.

Here is a my latest figure. A caveman. With this one I extensively used Modos sculpting tools on the fur, hair and the club. Below is a hand painted final version of him.

More figures can be seen at: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not updated this thread in a while so here is a bunch of new stuff. First I made some more figures based on the caveman buck:

I printed the original caveman again. The new one is much smoother and also has new ankle joint that tilts to the left and right allowing for better balance.

I made a second figure based on the buck. This one is a warrior from a bad clan that robs other caveman tribes of their precious atlantean artefacts. The original caveman in the fight scenes below is still the old rough one:

This is another character from the scavenger clan. He comes with a ray gun and an energy belt that lets him charge the weapon. He is the most skilled warrior of his clan and is allowed to wear the clan’s sacred battle mask. He also has a stone cleaver on his back for close combat.

I also started on a line based on the generic male body template I made in Modo a couple of months ago. I turned the the generic Dark Future Warrior into a more interesting alien and made another alien warrior to be his buddy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hauke, great work! You could probably add your artistic touch to the current 3D printed E-Nable(hand) models.

https://plus.google.com/communities/...15636887179986
    Last edited by ShuttleSpace; 08-07-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: add info

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently updated my self portrait figure with the new ball joints I am currently using for all my figures. The new joints have a couple of advantages:
    - The figure is easier to assemble.
    - All the joints are plug joints meaning there are no more seams at the side of the figure where the joints need to be encased.
    - The joints are much sturdier.
    I also fused the pelvis and the abs together. While this makes the figure a little bit less articulated it also makes it a lot less wobbly.
    In fact it is so sturdy now I was able to make a simple stop motion test with it:

Here are comparison pics between the old and the new figure:

MONA TILES COMPOUND, NR. CHHANI CIRCLE, CHHANI ROAD, VADODARA - 390002. GUJARAT, INDIA.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its a nice print.

you can see this type of model on following ink

3d printed art

thanks

Thread Information